Tuesday, August 4, 2009

We left London on time with a fairly full aircraft. Ray managed to find three empty seats in the middle, though, and I think he slept the whole way. Jet Airways has a great new fleet! We are on a Boeing 777 with very comfortable seats. I even got some good sleep on this flight!
I awoke this morning to find some very rugged, very dry scenery below us. No roads, no houses, no trees, just rocky peaks. I quickly found the GPS and determined that we were very near Kabul, Afghanistan. Pardon me for saying so, but there doesn’t seem like much to fight for. And worse yet, it doesn't look like there is anywhere to hide!

The scenery didn't change much until we reached Delhi. There the airport was hot and old, but most significantly and worst of all, the airport did not have my bag! Five hours later, it still did not have my bag, but the paperwork was done! For some reason, I had put more in my carry-on bag this trip than I ever had before, so I am in pretty good shape. Mostly missing clothes, it seems, but I can wear one outfit for a week, I am sure, especially if everyone else smells bad!
The domestic terminal we are flying out of is very new and has wireless!!! So that is why I can make this post. Ray coerced a free meal out of them for the inconvenience of losing my bag, so we had a great sandwich and, later, an Indian pizza. I switched into teacher mode again and gave a quick lesson to Ray about Facebook and linking. He will surely be sick of me by the time we get home! I keep forgetting that just because I love something, it doesn't mean everyone does! Well I better get ready for the next flight. Another sixhours and I may get to see a bed if the hotel isn't full.
Odour-ifically yours,
Gordon

No comments: